It’s the end of the year. I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on what I’ve learned, mistakes I’ve made, and things that went really well.
I also set up a lot of goals for the coming year. Without further ado…
- Train and delegate a significant chunk of my current workload each month. I started this in 2010, but I need to do even more. It’s part of my over all goal to leverage myself better as the company grows.
- Be more transparent about the work I’m doing.
- Workout more, obviously.
- Help grow the people around me into leaders so that I have a team of people I can count on to take projects and run with them in the years ahead.
- Read more books (not just blog posts), and watch
noless bad movies on Netflix.
- Do more creative activities. I used to paint and play piano. I’ve let a lot of that stuff slide in favor of more productive activities. I regret that.
- Find new ways to maximize quality time with my loved ones. I work a lot and I don’t necessarily want to work less. I need to be more efficient to assure that the free time is all quality.
Update in 2013: Disheartening to see that my goals basically haven’t changed. :/